Say G’day – Sensory Integration through Rhythm and Song is a sequel to the much loved No Worries – Songs for Sensory Modulation. It’s a new, creative collection of songs designed to provide teachers, therapists and parents with fun-filled rhythms that support and sustain focused attention, organized movement and effective interaction within the classroom, the home and the clinic.
The songs and rhythms are playful and engaging, reaching for the “gleam” in the child’s eye. Australian sing-a-longs and story telling add a unique flair to the overall flavor of the music. The CD is completely interactive from beginning to end, using call and response sing-a-longs, “Kid Power” chants, full body movement and dancing. Also includes songs to calm and organize; supporting regulation for the nervous system biased toward defensiveness.
It’s a great gift for the child with Sensory Integration Dysfunction, Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorder / Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity, and other regulatory disorders.
what they’re saying
- “Kids will move and groove with these cheerful and charming songs, just right for strengthening sensory-motor skills, attention and stamina” — Carol Stock Kranowitz M.A. (Author of “The Out of Sync Child”)
- “…beautifully sung and cleverly arranged… Simple actions written beside each line of lyrics highlight the song’s text. Say G’Day is ideal for circle time for both inclusive and specialized classroom settings, one on one therapy sessions, transitions, and body breaks. The final two cool down songs can be used at the end of an activity or at bedtime. All children will be delighted and entertained by this CD.
- …no musical experience is necessary to use these toe-tapping, hand clapping songs which are well performed by Jereb and her musicians. These CDs saved the day this summer for our two children with autism on our lengthy road trip. The only requirement for using these CDs is to press ‘play’ and have fun.” — Maureen Bennie, Autism Awareness Centre
Movement songs to enhance attention, alertness and body awareness:
- Do the Monkey
- French Fries
- Little Frog
- The Pony Song
- Say G’day
- I am Me
- Little Fishes
- JellybeansRespiration songs to support attention, learning and self regulation:
- Oh Mrs. Shady
- I Know a Sound
- Little Red Train
- Sardines in My Soup
- AlligatorRhythmic entrainment songs to regulate, calm and organize the body:
- The Window
- Ten Green BottlesCalming/Cool down songs:
- Time to Go