Favorite Kids’ rhythms for Calming, Cool Downs and Bedtime Routines. Cool Bananas was created to provide children with a selection of strong, regulated rhythms to support a state of calm, organization and regulation in their nervous systems.
Enchanting favourite childrens’ songs sung at 50 to 70 beats per minute support the dysregulated child as background music during therapy, classroom and home activities (e.g., table top time, play time, bath time, car rides).
Don Campbell, in his book, Rhythms of Learning, discusses the importance of using rhythms of 50 to 70 beats per minute: “The pulse in these slow movements is similar to the rhythm of the human heartbeat and has been found to slow body functions…” Soothing rhythms, songs and meditative sounds are also included on this CD to support bedtime routines, cool downs and quieter therapies.
what they’re saying
- “These songs support the disregulated child during playtime, bath time, car rides, quieter therapies, and bedtime. No actions accompany these songs. Because these songs are sung at a slower tempo, children with speech difficulties will find these songs easier to sing along with. Ms. Jereb has done another wonderful job here singing and orchestrating these perennial favorites.
- …no musical experience is necessary to use these toe-tapping, hand clapping songs which are well performed by Jereb and her musicians. These CDs saved the day this summer for our two children with autism on our lengthy road trip. The only requirement for using these CD’s is to press ‘play’ and have fun.” — Maureen Bennie, Autism Awareness Centre
Enchanting favorite children’s songs sung at 50 to 70 bpm to support the dysregulated child during play time, bath time, car rides and other unstructured intervals:
- Bananas in Pajamas
- Morning Town Ride
- She’ll be Coming Around the Mountain
- Puff the Magic Dragon
- I’ve Been Working on the Railroad
- Feeling Groovy
- This Old Man
- Michael, Row the Boat Ashore
- There were Ten in the Bed
- Billy BoyInstrumental rhythms played at 50 to 70 bpm to support a child during quiet times or calming/cool down activities:
- Down in the Valley
- Five Hundred Miles
- Are You Sleeping?Soothing rhythms, songs and meditative sounds to be used for bedtime routines or to support quieter therapies:
- The Mocking Bird Song
- The Voyager Song
- Come and Go
- You are Beautiful
- Ocean Waves Meditation
- Day is Done